For our 2020 Summer Season including Performance, Stage Management, Costuming, Box Office and Technical Internships:
CONTACT: Midge McClosky ShawneePlayhouseExecDir@gmail.com
The Shawnee Playhouse, a professional, non-union theatre located in Shawnee on Delaware, PA, is currently accepting applications for our Summer 2020 Internship positions.
The SPH Internship Program offers qualified candidates the opportunity to serve as interns for a season with our professional theatrical company serving as either a box office, performance, technical, stage management, education or costuming intern, and offers a weekly stipend for candidates who are hired into the program. Housing is provided for some positions as well. The program provides each intern the opportunity to explore all aspects of theatre ranging from performance to production, and is geared toward candidates who are currently in college or have recently completed their undergraduate training, seeking to bridge the gap between the academic world and the world of professional theatre, and helping young artists in need of a place to build their careers.
The aim of the program is for our Interns to gain a clear understanding of how the business of theatre works on every level, and with real-world experience in a number of capacities using a wide range of skills, while also offering immersion opportunities in the program. Shawnee Playhouse does not guarantee lead roles, but does promise stage time for all performance interns. Our Technical Interns get to explore set, sound and prop design, stage management and tech crew positions. The Costume Interns design and build costumes, complete alterations and manage the costume shop. ALL interns gain experience and work with professionals from all over the country.
Candidates interested in applying for an internship position should submit the following materials:
- Letter of intent (Stating WHO you are, WHAT position you are applying for, WHY you should be hired and HOW you will be the best candidate.) **
- Two letters of recommendation
- 3 References with phone and email contact information
- Video Samples of your work
- 2 contrasting songs on video (Performance Internship Applicants only)
Midge McClosky, Executive Director
ATTENTION INTERNSHIP POSITION,
P.O. Box # 159 ~ 552 River Road
Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356
Candidates may also submit via email at ShawneePlayhouseExecDir@gmail.com
This current SPH Internship positions will run from May to September.
How to Apply: Please submit no later than April 1, 2020
Send letter of application, resume, and unofficial copies of college transcripts (if available) to:
The Shawnee Playhouse
P.O. Box #159
Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA 18356.
Applications can be e-mailed to: ShawneePlayhouseExecDir@gmail.com
**A one-page letter of application should include a brief statement about meeting the qualifications and why you have an interest in this internship.
Your resume should include the following information:
- Name, home/college address, telephone number, and email address.
- Copy of a college transcript which includes dates attended, degrees earned or anticipated graduation date, major for each degree.
- Work experience: List beginning with the present employer, including the dates of employment, names, addresses and telephone numbers of employers, and a brief description of work.
- College-related organizations or activities.
- List three names of people familiar with your work including college instructors or employers. Include their email addresses and phone numbers.